I am pretty new to FreeIPA.  I am setting up a server to manage a small home
network.

I am unable to get automount to work on the client.  When I start autofs, I see
this in syslog:-

[root@localhost ~]# automount -f -d
Starting automounter version 5.0.5-31.fc14, master map auto.master
using kernel protocol version 5.01
lookup_nss_read_master: reading master files auto.master
parse_init: parse(sun): init gathered global options: (null)
lookup_read_master: lookup(file): read entry /misc
lookup_read_master: lookup(file): read entry /net
lookup_read_master: lookup(file): read entry +auto.master
lookup_nss_read_master: reading master files auto.master
parse_init: parse(sun): init gathered global options: (null)
lookup_nss_read_master: reading master ldap auto.master
parse_server_string: lookup(ldap): Attempting to parse LDAP information from
string "auto.master".
parse_server_string: lookup(ldap): mapname auto.master
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): ldap authentication configured with the
following options:
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): use_tls: 0, tls_required: 0, auth_required: 2,
sasl_mech: GSSAPI
parse_ldap_config: lookup(ldap): user: (null), secret: unspecified, client
principal: host/server.wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk credential cache:
(null)
parse_init: parse(sun): init gathered global options: (null)
find_server: trying server uri ldap://server.wasielewski.co.uk
do_bind: lookup(ldap): auth_required: 2, sasl_mech GSSAPI
sasl_do_kinit: initializing kerberos ticket: client principal
host/server.wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk
sasl_do_kinit: calling krb5_parse_name on client principal
host/server.wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk
sasl_do_kinit: Using tgs name krbtgt/wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk
sasl_do_kinit: krb5_get_init_creds_keytab failed with error -1765328203
do_bind: lookup(ldap): autofs_sasl_bind returned -1
lookup(ldap): couldn't connect to server ldap://server.wasielewski.co.uk
do_reconnect: lookup(ldap): failed to find available server
lookup(file): failed to read included master map auto.master

On the server I see the following in /var/log/krb5kdc.log (client IP addr
redacted):-

Jun 26 22:43:29 server.wasielewski.co.uk krb5kdc[10514](info): AS_REQ (7 etypes
{18 17 16 23 1 3 2}) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: NEEDED_PREAUTH:
host/server.wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk for
krbtgt/wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk, Additional pre-authentication
required
Jun 26 22:43:29 server.wasielewski.co.uk krb5kdc[10514](info): closing down fd 5

On the client the ticket cache is:-

[root@localhost ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: ad...@wasielewski.co.uk

06/26/13 20:48:45  06/27/13 20:48:41  krbtgt/wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk

but on the server it is:

[root@server log]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

06/26/13 00:04:51  06/27/13 00:04:47  krbtgt/wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk
06/26/13 00:04:54  06/27/13 00:04:47
ldap/server.wasielewski.co...@wasielewski.co.uk

Should I also have a ticket for LDAP on the client?

Server is running FreeIPA 2.2.2 on FC17.  Client is on FC14.  I had to download
the freeipa-client package (and others) from Koji as they were no longer
available for FC14 in the usual repos.  I ran ipa-client-install, but in the
end had to apply most of the config manually.  However everything else (IPA
domain user login, IPA web UI etc.) that I would expect runs OK on the client.
It is only automount that is giving problems.

I am sure I have got something very simple wrong...hopefully one of the masters
can put me right.

Regards,
Andrew