Vitaly wrote:
I have a few RHEL4.9 boxes and I need to join them to IPA2 domain.
Unfortunately, there is no ipa-client RPM available for RHEL/CENTO4.
Somewhere I saw suggestion to use ipa-client package from CENTOS5, but
of course, it fails because older glibc.
In the same time, many sources speak about RHEL4 as IPA client.
Did I miss something?

There is no ipa-client package for RHEL 4. Around 6 years ago we wrote a script that can configure a 4.x client but AFAIK it hasn't been used for a very, very long time. You can find it at https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/tree/contrib/RHEL4

It has probably never been tested against a v2 server.

You may be better off manually configuring these clients.