On 9.7.2013 01:55, Aissa wrote:

Vijay Thakur <vijay.thakur@...> writes:

Dear All List Members,

I have installed and configured FreeIPA Server 2.2.1 in Fedora 17. All
is working very fine at server end. I have
successfully configure my Centos 6.0 Box as FreeIPA Client. Now i have
to set up FreeIPA clients of Ubuntu 12.04
and windows 7.  There is no available documentation for Windows 7 and
Ubuntu 12.04. During the first login of
Windows 7 as FreeIPA Client, i have followed the following steps:

(1) Login as user1@... and Password: 12345678
(2) Message "Your Password has expired and must be changed".
(3) Changed the Password to new one successfully.
(4) Again login with new credentials.
(5) Windows 7 giving message "The User Name or Password is incorrect".

I have already stopped the Windows 7 firewall.

Guide me about Ubuntu 12.04 as FreeIPA Client setting.

With Warm Wishes,

Vijay Thakur

Vijay,

I would like to know if you can send me the procedure how to install client
centos with FreeIPA server.
Like you, I was able to install the server side but got "stock" with the
client authentication.

Please try to follow https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/setting-up-clients.html and let us know if something is unclear.

The best option for MS Windows clients is to create trust between Windows AD and FreeIPA.

Article http://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA describes how to configure plain MS Windows client, but make sure that you fully understood limitations mentioned in the article.

--
Petr^2 Spacek