Alexandre Ellert wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to get a functional .deb package working on Debian
Wheezy.
I have tried to recompile a package from Ubuntu Precise
(https://launchpad.net/~freeipa/+archive/ppa) without success.

First error was about compiling ipa-join :
ipa-join.c: In function ‘callRPC’:
ipa-join.c:174:20: error: ‘struct xmlrpc_curl_xportparms’ has no member
named ‘gssapi_delegation’
=> Fix : Add backport-gssapi-delegation.patch to package xmlrpc-c and
then install resultinglibxmlrpc-core-c3-dev.deb and libxmlrpc-core-c3.deb

Now, recompile again with new patched libxmlrpc-core-c3... compilation
go further, but I'm stuck at the end of process of building .deb :
dh_install --list-missing
dh_install: usr/share/man/man1/ipa-client-automount.1.gz exists in
debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
dh_install: usr/sbin/ipa-client-automount exists in debian/tmp but is
not installed to anywhere
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /root/freeipa-ppa/freeipa-3.2.0 »
    dh_install
    dh_installdocs
    dh_installchangelogs
    dh_installexamples
    dh_installman
    dh_installcatalogs
    dh_installcron
    dh_installdebconf
    dh_installemacsen
    dh_installifupdown
    dh_installinfo
    dh_python2
E: dh_python2:145: extension for python2.6 is missing. Build extensions
for all supported Python versions (`pyversions -vr`) or adjust
X-Python-Version field or pass --no-guessing-versions to dh_python2
make: *** [binary] Erreur 3
dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: debian/rules binary a produit une erreur de
sortie de type 2

Any idea or me advice about how to backport freeipa-client to wheezy ?
Thanks a lot.

I don't know anything about deb packaging, but it looks like you just need to add those two ipa-client-automount files to your packaging (in rpm we'd put these into the %files section).