On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 14:14 +1000, Pete Brown wrote:
> I was just trying this again and noticed there is a
> /var/log/pki/pki-ca-spawn.20130719140342.log file with what i assume
> is the logging for the attempt to create the pki.
> right at the end is this entry.
>
> 2013-07-19 14:04:42 pkispawn    : INFO     ....... unable to access
> security domain through REST interface.  Trying old interface. 503
> Server Error: Service Unavailable
>
> Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?

This means that the dogtag CA is trying to contact the dogtag master -
and is failing to do so.  It may be trying to access the wrong port.

What version do you have for :
rpm -q pki-ca ?

Please attach the logs for the replica CA.
/var/log/pki/pki-tomcat/*

You are also exactly correct in creating a replica before upgrading to
F19.  Much older dogtag instances (based on dogtag 9) will not work in
f19 due to tomcat6 not being available in f19.

Ade