On Thu, 2013-07-25 at 14:34 +0000, Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence wrote:
On Thu, 2013-07-25 at 16:22 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:


On 07/25/2013 04:06 PM, Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 17:44 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 07/19/2013 01:11 PM, Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence wrote:
> I'm trying to install an IPA server using an external CA.
>
> I ran the ipa-server-install --external-ca command, and got my cert signed by 
> our on-site CA.
>
> So then I go back to install using my certs:
>
> ipa-server-install --external_cert_file=/root/ipa.cer 
> --external_ca_file=/root/CACert.cer
>
>
> I get this for output:
>
> Configuring certificate server (pki-cad): Estimated time 3 minutes 30 seconds
>   [1/20]: creating certificate server user
>   [2/20]: configuring certificate server instance
> ipa         : CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command '/usr/bin/perl 
> /usr/bin/pkisilent ConfigureCA -cs_hostname lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu 
> -cs_port 9445 -client_certdb_dir /tmp/tmp-cQZB3x -client_certdb_pwd XXXXXXXX 
> -preop_pin nio5yPeVonEn0tWotyjC -domain_name IPA -admin_user admin 
> -admin_email root@localhost -admin_password XXXXXXXX -agent_name ipa-ca-agent 
> -agent_key_size 2048 -agent_key_type rsa -agent_cert_subject 
> CN=ipa-ca-agent,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU -ldap_host 
> lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu -ldap_port 7389 -bind_dn cn=Directory Manager 
> -bind_password XXXXXXXX -base_dn o=ipaca -db_name ipaca -key_size 2048 
> -key_type rsa -key_algorithm SHA256withRSA -save_p12 true -backup_pwd 
> XXXXXXXX -subsystem_name pki-cad -token_name internal 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_ocsp_cert_subject_name CN=OCSP Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_server_!
 cert_subje
ct_name CN=lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_audit_signing_cert_subject_name CN=CA Audit,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_sign_cert_subject_name CN=Certificate Authority,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-external true -ext_ca_cert_file /root/ipa.cer -ext_ca_cert_chain_file 
/root/CACert.cer -clone false' returned non-zero exit status 255
> Configuration of CA failed
>
>
> [root@lnxrealmtest01<mailto:root@lnxrealmtest01> ~]# tail 
> /var/log/ipaserver-install.log
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", 
> line 617, in configure_instanceConfiguring certificate server (pki-cad): 
> Estimated time 3 minutes 30 seconds
>   [1/20]: creating certificate server user
>   [2/20]: configuring certificate server instance
> ipa         : CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command '/usr/bin/perl 
> /usr/bin/pkisilent ConfigureCA -cs_hostname lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu 
> -cs_port 9445 -client_certdb_dir /tmp/tmp-cQZB3x -client_certdb_pwd XXXXXXXX 
> -preop_pin nio5yPeVonEn0tWotyjC -domain_name IPA -admin_user admin 
> -admin_email root@localhost -admin_password XXXXXXXX -agent_name ipa-ca-agent 
> -agent_key_size 2048 -agent_key_type rsa -agent_cert_subject 
> CN=ipa-ca-agent,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU -ldap_host 
> lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu -ldap_port 7389 -bind_dn cn=Directory Manager 
> -bind_password XXXXXXXX -base_dn o=ipaca -db_name ipaca -key_size 2048 
> -key_type rsa -key_algorithm SHA256withRSA -save_p12 true -backup_pwd 
> XXXXXXXX -subsystem_name pki-cad -token_name internal 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_ocsp_cert_subject_name CN=OCSP Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_server_!
 cert_subje
ct_name CN=lnxrealmtest01.liberty.edu,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_audit_signing_cert_subject_name CN=CA Audit,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_sign_cert_subject_name CN=Certificate Authority,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-external true -ext_ca_cert_file /root/ipa.cer -ext_ca_cert_chain_file 
/root/CACert.cer -clone false' returned non-zero exit status 255
> Configuration of CA failed
> [root@lnxrealmtest01<mailto:root@lnxrealmtest01> ~]# tail 
> /var/log/ipaserver-install.log
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", 
> line 617, in configure_instance
>     self.start_creation(runtime=210)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/service.py", line 
> 358, in start_creation
>     method()
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", 
> line 879, in __configure_instance
>     raise RuntimeError('Configuration of CA failed')
>
> 2013-07-19T17:02:51Z INFO The ipa-server-install command failed, exception: 
> RuntimeError: Configuration of CA failed
>     self.start_creation(runtime=210)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/service.py", line 
> 358, in start_creation
>     method()
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/install/cainstance.py", 
> line 879, in __configure_instance
>     raise RuntimeError('Configuration of CA failed')
>
>
>
> 2013-07-19T17:02:51Z INFO The ipa-server-install command failed, exception: 
> RuntimeError: Configuration of CA failed
>
> Any thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Kenny
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com<mailto:Freeipa-users@redhat.com><mailto:Freeipa-users@redhat.com>
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>
>
> Several questions:
> 1) package and os version/distro?
> 2) what is in httpd logs?
> 3) what is in pki logs?
>
> The names and locations of the logs partially depend on the answer to the 
> first question.
>
>
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Dmitri Pal
>
> Sr. Engineering Manager for IdM portfolio
> Red Hat Inc.
>
>
> -------------------------------
> Looking to carve out IT costs?
> www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/<http://www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/><http://www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Freeipa-users mailing list
> Freeipa-users@redhat.com<mailto:Freeipa-users@redhat.com><mailto:Freeipa-users@redhat.com>
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users
>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just tried this again on a new clean install:
>
> [3/4]: configuring certificate server instance
> ipa         : CRITICAL failed to configure ca instance Command '/usr/bin/perl 
> /usr/bin/pkisilent ConfigureCA -cs_hostname 
> lnxrealmtest01.lnxrealmtest.liberty.edu -cs_port 9445 -client_certdb_dir 
> /tmp/tmp-WH9RBT -client_certdb_pwd XXXXXXXX -preop_pin TaLcAevF7piQ1NV0Jmd9 
> -domain_name IPA -admin_user admin -admin_email root@localhost 
> -admin_password XXXXXXXX -agent_name ipa-ca-agent -agent_key_size 2048 
> -agent_key_type rsa -agent_cert_subject 
> CN=ipa-ca-agent,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU -ldap_host 
> lnxrealmtest01.lnxrealmtest.liberty.edu -ldap_port 7389 -bind_dn cn=Directory 
> Manager -bind_password XXXXXXXX -base_dn o=ipaca -db_name ipaca -key_size 
> 2048 -key_type rsa -key_algorithm SHA256withRSA -save_p12 true -backup_pwd 
> XXXXXXXX -subsystem_name pki-cad -token_name internal 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_subsystem_cert_subject_name CN=CA Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
> -ca_ocsp_cert_subject_name CN=OCSP Subsystem,O=LNXREALMTE!
 ST.LIBERTY
.EDU -ca_server_cert_subject_name 
CN=lnxrealmtest01.lnxrealmtest.liberty.edu,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_audit_signing_cert_subject_name CN=CA Audit,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-ca_sign_cert_subject_name CN=Certificate Authority,O=LNXREALMTEST.LIBERTY.EDU 
-external true -ext_csr_file /root/ipa.csr -clone false' returned non-zero exit 
status 255
> Configuration of CA failed
>
>
> This is on a RHEL 6.4 x86_64 host, fully updated
>
> ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
> libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-82.7.el6_4.x86_64
> ipa-client-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
> ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
> ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
> libipa_hbac-1.9.2-82.7.el6_4.x86_64
> ipa-python-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
> ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
> ipa-admintools-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
>
>
> Here is the command that I am using to run the install:
>
> ipa-server-install --setup-dns --forwarder=10.254.20.82 
> --forwarder=10.254.10.82 --external-ca
>
> and my /etc/hosts file:
>
> [root@lnxrealmtest01<mailto:root@lnxrealmtest01> ~]# cat /etc/hosts
> 10.203.60.225 lnxrealmtest01.lnxrealmtest.liberty.edu lnxrealmtest
> 127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Kenny
>

Thanks. As Dmitri wrote above, we would also need ipaserver-install.log and
pki-ca logs to be able to see related error messages.

Adding Ade from PKI developers to CC too.

Martin



Which PKI logs do you need?

I attached the ipa install log.

-Kenny



_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com<mailto:Freeipa-users@redhat.com>
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users


Figured it out, there is an SELinux policy issue.  I ran the uninstall routine, 
setenforce 0 then tried again.  This is in the audit.log file:

[root@lnxrealmtest01<mailto:root@lnxrealmtest01> ~]# sealert -a 
/var/log/audit/audit.log
100% donefound 2 alerts in /var/log/audit/audit.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELinux is preventing 
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.25.x86_64/jre/bin/java from read access 
on the file /anon_hugepage (deleted).

*****  Plugin restorecon (99.5 confidence) suggests  *************************

If you want to fix the label.
/anon_hugepage (deleted) default label should be etc_runtime_t.
Then you can run restorecon.
Do
# /sbin/restorecon -v /anon_hugepage (deleted)

*****  Plugin catchall (1.49 confidence) suggests  ***************************

If you believe that java should be allowed read access on the anon_hugepage 
(deleted) file by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep java /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SELinux is preventing 
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.25.x86_64/jre/bin/java from getattr 
access on the filesystem /.

*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests  ***************************

If you believe that java should be allowed getattr access on the  filesystem by 
default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do
allow this access for now by executing:
# grep java /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

I am going to turn SELinux back on and continue when I get my cert back to see 
what happens then.

-Kenny
_______________________________________________
Freeipa-users mailing list
Freeipa-users@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/freeipa-users

Reply via email to