On Wed, 04 Sep 2013, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/04/2013 08:01 AM, John Moyer wrote:
Martin,

I apologize there was a large offline conversation between Rich and
myself.   Rich was kind enough to help me through some of my issues.
 We did a lot more tests and poking and prodding.   We discovered that
IPA is not as efficient when dealing with large number of connections.
 Most of my load inefficiently reconnect to IPA over and over and over
and though LDAP can deal with this fairly efficiently, IPA apparently
drops to it's knees.

A ticket was opened to addressed this issue.

Thank you for reporting this ticket.
Martin is investigating it and trying to see what is the cause. The
information mentioned above is missing from the the ticket, thus the
question.

So to summarize: you identified that the cause of the performance issue
is that JIRA makes a lot of parallel connections to LDAP server and IPA
is slow processing bind operations thus clients that do a lot of
connections can experience a low performance.

Martin, I wonder if we can have a test that would just do a lot of binds.
There are a lot of plugins and one of the recent ones is the OTP one. I
wonder if we do too much during bind when OTP is not enabled (by default).
This should be unrelated to OTP work as John is using CentOS with older
FreeIPA build, equivalent to what is in RHEL 6.4.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy