On 09/04/2013 07:58 AM, John Moyer wrote:
It was our opinion that it wasn't an index issue. I cleared the logs from the IPA server, and then just ran a JIRA sync with the server. I gave Rich the log file from my IPA for that sync. I can't find the exact conversation, but we determined that JIRA was connecting to LDAP some 1000 times or so to do the sync.

Right. For every single entry in IPA (user and group), JIRA LDAP sync does - connect/bind/search/unbind/disconnect. This is horribly inefficient, but it is what it is, and apparently other apps work the same way (nexus? svn?), so this would be a good avenue to investigate performance.

The logs didn't show but one search done that didn't have an index which is why we concluded it wasn't an index issue.

Adding indexing did help, but not much, and not nearly enough to make the performance acceptable.

Thanks,
John Moyer
Director, IT Operations