On 4.9.2013 20:23, Bret Wortman wrote:
...and I tried exporting the DNS data but ended up with a bunch of files
that looked liket his:

# cat foo.net.db

; <<>> DiG 9.9.3-rl.156.01.P1-RedHat-9.9.3-3.P1.fc18 <<>> +onesoa -t AXFR
foo.net
;; global options: +cmd
; Transfer failed.
#

The logs showed:

<timestamp> ipamaster named[31633]: client 1.2.3.4#39992 (foo.net) : zone
transfer 'foo.net/AXFR/IN' denied

You have to add IP '1.2.3.4' to the allow-transfer Address List Match.

$ ipa dnszone-mod --allow-transfer='localhost; 1.2.3.4;'

See
http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/address_match_list.html
for further details.

Petr^2 Spacek