On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 11:14:50AM -0500, cbul...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>

> Thanks for your time and tips about sssd cache!

I'm sorry about the late response, I didn't flag your response when it
came back..

> I did the test and let me explain what I got:
>
> - After step 4 I can see dataExpireTimestamp to 1 for the user.

OK, this is expected.

> - After step 7 dataExpireTimestamp is back to 0 but the user data have
> not changed.

This is really strange because if the dataExpireTimestamp was reset
after the lookup, then the backend has updated the entry...and it should
have updated the entry with the up-to-date data..

Can you put debug_level=8 into the [nss] and [domain] sections
and paste or attach the contents of /var/log/sssd/sssd_nss.log and
/var/log/sssd/sssd_$domain.log after the request that follows the sss_cache
run?

Also in the logs you should see the server the SSSD connects to, can you
check if there is maybe some replica that is out of sync?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug here..

> The first line after the command ldbsearch is:
>
> asq: Unable to register control with rootdse!

No, that's an internal info, ignore this message.