Hi Dean,

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Dean Hunter wrote:
How do I determine the cause of this problem?

       [dean@ipa2 ~]$ ssh dean@desktop2
       Last login: Tue Sep 10 21:10:01 2013 from ipa2.hunter.org
       Could not chdir to home directory /home/net/dean: Permission
       denied
       -bash: /home/net/dean/.bash_profile: Permission denied

       -bash-4.2$ rpm -q freeipa-client
       freeipa-client-3.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
       -bash-4.2$

I can log in as dean on desktop2 using gdm without a problem.  But when
I try to log in using ssh then I am denied access to the user's home
directory.
Is there any SELinux AVC in the logs? Is /home/net an NFS mount? Does
use_nfs_home_dirs SELinux boolean set to on? (getsebool -a|grep home)

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy