On 09/16/2013 07:57 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 09/16/2013 12:02 PM, KodaK wrote:
Yet another AIX related problem:

The AIX LDAP client is called secldapclntd (sure, they could make it more awkward, but the budget ran out.) I'm running into the issue detailed here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IV11344

"If an LDAP server fails to answer an LDAP query, secldapclntd caches the non-answered query negatively. This may happen if the LDAP server is down for example. After the LDAP server is back again secldapclntd will use the negative cache entry and the application initiating the original query will still fail until the cache entry expires."

IBM is working on porting the fix to our specific TL and SP levels.

What I'm concerned with here, though, is *why* is it timing out? I don't know what the current timeout values are (AIX sucks, etc.)

I don't see timeout issues on my Linux boxes, which leads me to believe that either the sssd timouts are longer or that sssd is just more robust when dealing with timeouts.

I believe I'm seeing similar behavior with LDAP sudo on AIX as well, because I occasionally have to re-run sudo commands because they initially fail (and I know I'm using the right passwords.) However, sudo doesn't appear to have a cache (or it handles caching better.)

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? Any general "speed things up" suggestions on the IPA side?

Thanks,

--Jason

--
The government is going to read our mail anyway, might as well make it tough for them. GPG Public key ID: B6A1A7C6

Is the server FreeIPA?
Can see in the server logs what is actually happening is it the server that really takes time or there is a network connectivity issue or FW is dropping packets?
I would really start with the server side logs.

As far as 389 goes, run logconv.pl against the access logs in /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN-COM

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.