> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Alexandre Ellert wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've successfully setup a testing environment with an IPA server (RHEL 6.4)
>> and a cross realm trust with my Active Directory (Win2008 R2).
>> Authentication works both with AD passwords and Kerberos GSS-API.
>>
>> Now, I'm trying to find the way to manage ssh key which belong to AD
>> users. It seems that I can do that only with users declared on IPA
>> domain.  Can you confirm that ?
> Yes. AD users do not exist physically in IPA LDAP, therefore there is no
> object to assign attributes into.
>> Does winsync method provide a way to add ssh key to an AD user ?
> Under winsync AD users would become 'normal' LDAP objects in IPA,
> therefore you can assign additional values/attributes to them.

Though note that winsync, one would loose all the SSO capabilities...

Alexander, I am just thinking about possibilities. We now have the concept of
external groups in FreeIPA which one can then use as members of normal POSIX
groups and use them in HBAC or other policies.

Would it be possible to create "external users", i.e. user entries identified
by FQDN/SID and then be able to assign selected set of user attributes (like
SSH public key, home directory, shell...) which could then be leveraged by SSSD?

Martin