On 09/26/2013 01:05 PM, Innes, Duncan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can I force IPA to accept a new password that I have chosen?

What password do you have in mind? A password of an IPA user?

> Today I've had to change my password in 2x AD domains and other places
> according to policy.  I've done this.
>
> But coming to IPA, I find that I've chosen a "BAD PASSWORD".  Without
> getting into the merits of the AD password policy and the security of
> the password I've chosen, can I force IPA to accept my new password at
> all?

Well, without getting into security of the approach, you could change the
global password policy or group password policy so that the new password is
accepted:

$ ipa pwpolicy-mod --minlength=5

or

$ ipa pwpolicy-add usergroup --minlength=5

... to "fix" whatever failing password policy attribute.

HTH,
Martin