On 09/27/2013 06:45 AM, Mohan Cheema wrote:
Hi,

We have setup FreeIPA within our environment the setup is master slave. We want
to know how we can configure clients to look to slave incase master server is
no available to authenticate the user.

Regards,

**

*Mohan Cheema*

FreeIPA replicas are master-master replicas by default. Can you please elaborate how did you create the slave server?

About client configuration - can you use autodiscovery with DNS SRV records? (the same as IPA uses for autodiscovery). You would just need to create DNS SRV records for your slave server, with priority lower than the priority of master server. Client should then look at the slave only if the master is not available.

HTH,
Martin