I've used this to extend the password expiration. It "should" work for
setting an expired password expiration. You have to hit enter twice
after the krbPasswordExpiration: 20131008000000Z line.

# ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -W
 Enter LDAP Password:
 dn: uid=username,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
 changetype: modify
 replace: krbPasswordExpiration
 krbPasswordExpiration: 20131008000000Z

modifying entry
"uid=username,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"

ctrl-d