On 5.12.2013 23:58, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 22:32 +0000, Dale Macartney wrote:

Hi folks

Just a quick mail from me before I call it a night.

Today I've added user display pictures/avatars into FreeIPA, detailed here.

https://www.dalemacartney.com/2013/12/05/adding-display-picturesavatars-red-hat-idmfreeipa/

As well as pulling those images into a GNOME3 desktop session, detailed
here.

https://www.dalemacartney.com/2013/12/05/loading-display-picturesavatars-red-hat-idmfreeipa-gnome3/

Would love some feedback if anyone is interested in these items.

G'night all.

Great stuff Dale, I wonder if ipa user-mod --addattr could be used to
load the avatar, instead of using ldap commands.

Simo.

I linked your articles from FreeIPA wiki:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTos#Fancy_things_.28user_Avatars_etc..29

Re: https://www.dalemacartney.com/2013/12/05/adding-display-picturesavatars-red-hat-idmfreeipa/

> In LDAP based systems, the attribute is “jpegPhoto” and in Active Directory, although “jpegPhoto” is available, Microsoft applications seem to use the “thumbnailPhoto” value.

You could do a experiment with attribute aliases. As usual - try this in a staging environment first, I haven't tested that!

Modify /etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/schema/06inetorgperson.ldif
attributeTypes: ( 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.60
  NAME 'jpegPhoto'
  NAME ('jpegPhoto', 'thumbnailPhoto')

and restart directory server.

Please let us know how it works :-)