Jan Pazdziora wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 08:23:36PM -0500, Joshua Nager wrote:

I am running freeipa as a guest KVM virtual machine.  I have found myself
running into a problem when trying to install ipa-client on the host which
the guest resides.

Upon trying to install the ipa-client I am given the msg that I must first
uninstall the ipa server.

What is the OS version and the exact message that you get?

Has anyone experienced this and how might I get around this problem?

Are you sure you don't have the IPA server installed on both the KVM
guest *and* on the host?

Right, an IPA server is already configured as a client of itself.