On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 08:22:45AM -0500, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
> I've been trying different combinations of adding the nsslapd-pluginarg0:
> 1023 and running ypserv on the same port.
> Should nsslapd and ypserv be running on the same port when I do the netstat
> command?

Only one of those should be (or can be) listening on a given port for a
given set of network interfaces.

If you're using the service that's enabled by ipa-nis-manage, you should
turn off ypserv, though, as the directory server plugin's functions
handle the work that ypserv normally does of responding to NIS clients.

HTH,

Nalin