Yes, you would expect that to help, wouldn't you :-)

Didn't even know this existed. Thanks for that.

User has 3 sudo rules. I have set the allow_all rule to 1, the second rule
to 2 and the cobbler (with the "!authenticate" option) rule to 99:

User ******** may run the following commands on this host:
    (root) ALL
    (root) /bin/cat, /bin/egrep, /bin/find, /bin/grep, /bin/ls, /bin/more,
/usr/bin/less, !/bin/su
    (root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/cobbler
    (root) !/bin/su

Nope. Didn't help.