On 13.1.2014 22:18, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 02:44:29PM -0500, Bret Wortman wrote:
They're definitely different. I deleted the one in the file, then
tried again. It put the bad key back in the file. I blew the whole
file away and the same thing happened. Where is this key coming from
if not from IPA?

Can you try running sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy manually to see what key
does it return?

The keys are propagated to the file from the sssd database. If the client
was offline, the client could use stale records. Can you verify the client
has no connectivity issues?

Honza (CC-ed) might have some more hints.

Compare the public key in /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub on the host with the public key for that host in IPA. If they do not match, the host key was changed after IPA client was installed and the host record in IPA must be manually updated with the new key.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta