On 01/14/2014 04:01 PM, Les Stott wrote:
> I had seen that thread...
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-November/msg00019.html
>
> all it says is...
>
> On 11/05/2013 02:51 PM, KodaK wrote:
>> If I use the whole connection string:
>>
>> uid=jebalicki,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=unix,dc=magellanhealth,dc=com
>>
>> I can authenticate.
> Which i can do successfully, but its not great to have to tell
> everyone your username for ilo is uid=blah,cn=users,cn=accounts..etc
>
> There is also mentioned in that thread...
>
> "The HP iLO documentation doesn't list using the uid value as a
> supported form of specifying the login.  You can use the CN value or
> the full DN.  They say that "DOMAIN\user" and "user domain" forms are
> also accepted, but that likely only works against Active Directory."
>
> CN doesn't work. full DN does.
>
> I don't see any reference to a workaround via compat plugin in that
> thread.
>
> Have you got any more info on the compat workaround?

You can create a compat tree using compat plugin of IPA. It is used for
NIS, support of Solaris clients and for AD trusts in latest IPA.
As a simple test you can enable the plugin:

ipa-compat-manage enable

That will expose the tree on the cn=compat hive but using 2307 schema.
You can then change the configuration of the plugin to use uid value instead of
CN in this view, i.e expose CN as uid.
Then you can point your HP ILO to that tree.

AFAIU in the past it was not possible because we did not allow bind against
compat tree but now we allow it so it should work with the latest IPA 3.3.x
bits.

Details on how to change compat configuration can be found in the plugin
configuration here:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/slapi-nis.git/tree/doc

I am not sure that would 100% work but IMO worth a shot.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.