On 17.1.2014 15:13, Stanislav Zidek wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm struggling with IPA failover and would be grateful for any advice.

I've setup a IPA server, added some client machines and users, then
created a replica, added replica address to /etc/sssd/sssd.conf on
BTW the best approach is to use SRV records in DNS so clients will automatically pick up new replicas. You will not need to touch sssd.conf at all.

clients. Everything fine so far. But when I simulate problem with first
IPA server (by issuing "service ipa stop"). Then things start to get
weird to me. I cannot login to clients, until I make a "service sssd
restart" on them and wait few minutes.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this expected behaviour?
I will let SSSD guys to comment on this.

--
Petr^2 Spacek