On 01/27/2014 01:51 AM, Bret Wortman wrote:
> We had to reboot the IPA server on a standalone network recently, and this
> IPA server is the only one on that network; there are no replicas. Upon
> restarting, the IPA software refused to start because, after a couple hours
> of tracking things down, our /etc/pki-ca/CS.cfg file is zero-length.
>
> How can I most easily restore this file given that I doubt we have a backup
> (our bad)? Is there a way to basically reinstall the server without losing
> the data in the database? Our users and host definitions, anyway?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Bret

Hello Bret,

Sorry to hear that. It looks like something (PKI?) was writing to the CS.cfg
while the IPA server restarted. What version of IPA and PKI are we talking
about?

Do you have any other PKI server with CA you can use as a source of the CS.cfg
file or as a replica to reinstall the IPA server with CA from (in the worst
case)?

I am adding PKI developers to the CC to advise.

Martin