We've discovered something odd in our current FreeIPA setup (F18, IPA 3.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64).

Whenever we go to delete a user, the whole IPA infrastructure will hang. The web page becomes nonresponsive and the server doesn't respond to sudo or authentication requests. DNS requests go unanswered.

The only solution we've found thus far is to "ipactl stop && ipactl start". Nothing ever shows up in any logfile we've looked at, presumably because whatever ought to be logging an error is hung. The "stop" portion can take up to 10 minutes to complete.

What can I be looking at to diagnose and/or debug this? We ought to be able to delete users, not just disable them, right?