Lukas
Perhaps I should explain the design a bit and see if FreeIPA even supports
this.Our replica is in a separate network and all the appropriate ports are
opened between the master and the replica. The "replica" got created
successfully and is in sync with the master (except the CA services which I
mentioned earlier)
Now,when I try to run ipa-client-install on hosts in the new network using the
replica, it complains that about "Cannot contact any KDC for realm".
I am wondering it my hosts in the new network are trying to access the "master"
for certificates since the replica does not have any CA services running? I
couldn't find any obvious proof of this even running the install in a debug
mode. Do I need to open ports between the new hosts and the master for CA
services?

At this point I cannot disable or  move the master, it needs to function in its
location but I need

Shreeraj

Change is the only Constant !

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 1:29 AM, Lukas Slebodnik <lsleb...@redhat.com>
wrote:

On (06/02/14 18:33), Shree wrote:

>First of all, the ipa-replica-install did not allow me to use the --setup-ca
> option complaining that a cert already exists, replicate creation was
> successful after I skipped the option.
>Seems like the replica is one except
>1) There is no CA Service running on the replica (which I guess is expected)
>and
>2) I am unable to run ipa-client-install successfully on any clients using
> the replica. (I don't have the option of using the primary master as it is
> configured in a segregated environment. Only the master and replica are
> allowed to sync.
>Debug shows it fails at
>
>ipa         : DEBUG    stderr=kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm
>'mydomainname.com' while getting initial credentials

I was not able to install replica witch CA on fedora 20,
Bug is already reported https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/816

Guys from dogtag found a workaround
https://fedorahosted.org/pki/ticket/816#comment:12

Does it work for you?