I work in environment where the AD is the DC of the windows machines ,
while the linux machines (RHEL 5\6) are not centrally managed.
I would like to create an IPA server to manage the linux machines while
creating a trust with AD.
The current situation is all windows and linux machines are under
.zone.corp domain.
>From what ive read at
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide.html,
i can create trust when IPA is a subdomain of AD domain or when the
domains are separate. I'm not sure what is the method i should approach.
Can IPA be a dc inside the AD domain? Or should i create a subdomain for
linux and then move all the linux machines to the new domain (I hope not).

Any advice?