On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 10:02:53PM -0800, Steve Severance wrote:
> I want to create an AWS AMI that when it starts up will register itself
> with a Free-IPA instance. The issue I have run into so far is every
> instance when it starts up uses the original instances hostname. What do I
> need to do to have free-ipa work in a DHCP environment like this?

Is the AMI supposed to be internal to some organization / domain
or is it supposed to be completely public? I slightly assume the first
because you probably have some particular FreeIPA server instance
hardcoded in the AMI.

Is it acceptable to change the hostname of the instance to be in the
domain managed by the FreeIPA server?

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat