On 03/07/2014 10:59 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 10:12:43AM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
We need to check if those are still relevant
*
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/179/java-loginmodule-using-gssapi
<- I heard JBoss guys are fixing it
* We are talking to Mongo about this:
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/95/gssapi-auth-plugin-for-mongodb-
I would consider pushing it lower in priority
* Is this still not implemented:
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/14/support-the-native-ipa-sudo-schema-
?
This topic is being worked on actively. Me and Pavel have been mentoring
the student.

* Is this really needed any more?
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/13/document-the-internals-of-libldb-and-create-an-example-module-and-example-back-end
It looks like Yassir's document covers a lot.
This topic is about ldb, not SSSD, but I agree it's not terribly important.

* This
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/12/implement-support-for-additional-maps-for-the-sssd-fast-cache
is still relevant but not a super high priority.
* It is unclear whether this is needed any more:
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/11/implement-3rd-party-id-mapper-in-sssd-
seems like people can either use existing mapper (green field case)
or already have UID/GID that they need to put into the central
server.
I agree.

* This one is taken:
https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/10/create-openlmi-provider-for-management-of-the-client-components
right?
This is being worked on by Pavel.

On SSSD side I used a keyword to try to group all the tickets
related to the state/status/health of SSSD.
Here is what I got:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~Status&col=id&col=summary&col=keywords&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
most in 1.13 so too soon but still there may be some work we can
offer.

GNOME Keyring work
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2221
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2222
These two sounds OK to me, altough they'd require quite a bit of
mentoring.

UID/GID solution
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1715

Chaining access providers:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1326
I'm not sure these two are enough for a thesis..

I think at least the first one is.
You change UID and/or GID on the server. And then you need a mechanism to signal to the clients that they need to do cleanup. I was thinking about OpenLMI integration in this case and this sounds like a research topic to me.

One can dig more into 14-15 releases to see if there is anything
else worth looking into.
What about the validator in ding-libs?

I am planning to do some prototyping and publish a design, would it rain the parade?

What about developing a set of tests using cwrap?

+1

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.