On Fri, 07 Mar 2014, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 03/06/2014 10:55 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 6.3.2014 14:32, Petr Spacek wrote:
now it is the right time to propose topics for theses in the next university
year.

I propose "[RFE] IPA should support and manage DNS sites"

It is rotting in the backlog and we are not going to touch it any time soon.

There is very low amount of 'theory' behind it but IMHO it is complex enough: - Some theoretical analysis of our proposal sounds like a good idea. We don't know if it is the best way or not.
- Some testing with various *real* non-SSSD clients will be helpful.
- Analysis how this can work with DNSSEC will be helpful.
- This feature needs API/CLI/UI design. It is not clear how the workflow should look like etc.
- Support for roaming clients (in bind-dyndb-ldap) is missing.

The scope can be changed as necessary.

We need to check if those are still relevant
* https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/179/java-loginmodule-using-gssapi <- I heard JBoss guys are fixing it * We are talking to Mongo about this: https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/95/gssapi-auth-plugin-for-mongodb- I would consider pushing it lower in priority
There is already SASL support in MongoDB, though existing SASL GSSAPI
authentication
is only available in MongoDB Enterprise.
http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/control-access-to-mongodb-with-kerberos-authentication/

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy