Hello all :)

We have an internal process that requires the renaming of users from time to
time (user gets married, changes name). This requires changing the "login name”
as it’s called in the GUI, (or uid in LDAP).

There doesn’t currently appear to be any method for doing so other than to
delete the user and create a new one, then update the uidNumber and gidNumber
to the old values using the ipa modify-user command.

Is there a better way? I’ve looked through all the docs and hunted through the
mailing list archives but can’t find anything...

W.