On 03/17/2014 06:04 PM, Todd Maugh wrote:

Thanks again Rich is there some good Documentation on setting up the trust?

http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPAv3_testing_AD_trust

*From:*Rich Megginson [mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com]
*Sent:* Monday, March 17, 2014 3:03 PM
*To:* Todd Maugh; freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] Has one successfully synched the entirety of their AD to IPA (multiple OUs and or Subtrees)

On 03/17/2014 03:52 PM, Todd Maugh wrote:

    Thanks Rich,

    I am able to create a successful winsync agreement from the top
    level.

    Unfortunately, when I do this. I do not see any of the accounts
    from the sub trees populate my ipa server.

Ok, so it doesn't work.

    Is it possible to have all the subtrees (ous) live under
    cn=users.If I make this change to AD would IPA then sync all the
    accounts from the subtrees?

Yes.

    I cant believe I am the first person with this issue or need.

You are certainly not - we have a couple of 389 to address this and similar issues with winsync.

https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/460

Unfortunately, this fix has been targeted for F20 (389-ds-base-1.3.2), and we don't have plans to backport to EL6.

Note that winsync is always going to be more or less painful - it is not, was never designed to be, and never will be a full blown meta-directory solution. For more information:

https://fedorahosted.org/389/query?component=Sync+Service&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority&report=16 <https://fedorahosted.org/389/query?component=Sync+Service&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority&report=16>

That's why we recommend that the best long term solution is cross domain trust - that removes winsync from the picture.

    Thanks again in advance.