Attaching the install log. It complains about unable to reach certain ports, 
however my tests by using telnet were successful. Also to refresh your memory 
the client should be reaching for the replica lda2.mydomain.com and not 
ldap.mydomain.com which it does for the most part but I found a couple of 
instances of ldap.mydomain.com in the log. Let me know what you find. I can't 
believe I migrated over 40 servers and only this one refuses to install 


Change is the only Constant !

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:29 AM, Martin Kosek <mko...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 03/19/2014 10:37 PM, Shree wrote:

> Hello
> I was able to successfully move all my clients to the replica except on the 
> process I had to upgrade the client to "ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64" and 
> some times run a --uninstall 
> . Bit it works for the most part. Have been struggling with one last host 
> with errors like below. I have tested the port connectivity using telnet and 
> netcat commands but the install thinks these ports are blocked? 
> kerberos authentication failed
> kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MYDOMAIN.COM' while getting initial 
> credentials
> Please make sure the following ports are opened in the firewall settings:
>      TCP: 80, 88, 389
>      UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)
> Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working properly 
> after enrollment:
>      TCP: 464
>      UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)
> Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
> Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations
> Redundant SSSD configuration file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to 
> /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted
> Restoring client configuration files
> Client uninstall complete.
> [root@www /]#
> In the /var/log/ipaclient-install.log I also see things like below. I get 
> Autodiscovery failures but I am manually entering things and they have been 
> working.
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Found: 
> cn=MYDOMAIN.COM,cn=kerberos,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Discovery result: Success; 
> server=ldap2.mydomain.com, domain=mydomain.com, kdc=ldap.mydomain.com, 
> basedn=dc=mydomain,dc=com
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Validated servers: ldap2.mydomain.com
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z WARNING The failure to use DNS to find your IPA server 
> indicates that your resolv.conf file is not properly configured.
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z INFO Autodiscovery of servers for failover cannot work 
> with this configuration.
> 2014-03-19T21:13:47Z INFO If you proceed with the installation, services will 
> be configured to always access the discovered server for all operations and 
> will not fail over to other servers in case of failure.

Ok. I would guess you have some DNS issue. But it is hard to tell without the
entire ipaclient-install.log of the failed installation.


Attachment: ipaclient-install.log
Description: Binary data

Freeipa-users mailing list

Reply via email to