On 28.3.2014 09:56, Sandor Juhasz wrote:
Hello,

i am ok to compile it myself, looking for source code. I hope that way i will
be able to avoid messing
around with the ldap tree. Any help/documentation is appreciated.

Basically, documentation on
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code and linked pages apply to your situation.

You will face dependency problems because you are going to build it on Ubuntu. Don't give up and persist :-)

I would recommend you a non-standard procedure:
- clone the git repo: $ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/freeipa.git
- enter the cloned tree: $ cd freeipa.git
- $ make version-update
-- This command will fail (for sure) because of dependency problems. However, it could be enough to proceed with ipasam build. You just need to generate version.h and similar "useless" files.

- Enter "daemons" sub-directory in the cloned tree: $ cd daemons
- $ autoreconf -fiv
- $ ./configure
- $ make

This should build freeipa.git/daemons/ipa-sam/.libs/ipasam.so library without building rest of FreeIPA so dependency problems should be limited only to this sub-tree.

Note that this procedure is completely untested.

Please let us know if it worked for you or not. I'm curious! :-)

Petr^2 Spacek

Thanks.