Gustavo Berman wrote:

Sabin Ranjit <sabinranjit@...> writes:

     hi,
     i followed this page for the installation of freeipa client over the
     ubuntu 12.04
server.http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-June/msg00091.html
     everything seem to go as mentioned in the page. when i get at the
     freeipa server with the command ipa host-find
     i can even see my ubuntu server listed there with "Keytab: True". The
problem is that im not being able
       to authenticate with the username listed in the freeipa server.
       if i try to run : "su ldapuserid" ubuntu errors "unknown id:
       ldapuserid"
       i cant even ssh to the ubuntu server with the ldapuserid.
       what can be the possible solutions?
       please help. thanks.
       regards,
       sabin

Hi Sabin
Please try my howto:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/295075/freeipa-client-on-ubuntu

I assembled it from that same mail and other sources

Tavo.

Sabin, if you can confirm these steps maybe we can add this to the Howto section on freeipa.org. Except for the localhost thing (probably unnecessary) and maybe messing with the version (we might agree to disagree on that) this looks really good.

cheers