On 3.4.2014 07:55, Justin Brown wrote:
I'm having some trouble determining which ports my servers need open
to communicate and what ports client servers and users will need. The
last documentation that I was able to find was included in Fedora 15
(http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/FreeIPA_Guide/installing-ipa.html).
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Documentation
is the ultimate source of documentation.

Latest documentation build is on
http://www.freeipa.org/docs/master/html-desktop/index.html

I opened those ports with firewalld, but I encountered errors when
joining my replica server. (I retried the replica install with
firewalld, and it succeeded, so it's clearly a problem with the
firewall settings.)

I'm joining the wave of the future, so please excuse the firewalld
XML, but it should be pretty obvsious. All of the services are built
into firewalld, except "dogtag", which I made myself and is defined at
the end.

ipa-replica-conncheck utility should tell you what is missing.

On a side note, it would be nice if the firewalld packagers included a
freeipa-server service (nudge nudge).

Patches are welcome :-)

--
Petr^2 Spacek