On 04/07/2014 11:41 AM, John Obaterspok wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using FreeIPA for my home network and it works really great.
> FreeIPA is running on NAS server where hw isn't latest & greatest.
> I've noticed the dogtag java/tomcat process is using up to 1 gig of
> RAM and the java process is usually in the top spot for powertop
> wakeups.
>
> Is it normal that it uses this much memory? Are there any alternatives?
>
> -- john

CCing Ade to answer the Dogtag part.

As for the alternatives, in FreeIPA you either use PKI/Dogtag or you don't
(CA-less installation). We do not support other PKI but Dogtag.

If you do not really use certificates in your home network, CA-less
installation may be the solution for your use case.

Martin