On 04/18/2014 09:38 AM, Chris Whittle wrote:
One of the big rocks I am trying to accomplish is the ability to audit access information and password resets. I know the audit capabilities is on the road map for the future so I'm trying to make due with what I have.

1) is all the above information in the access log?
2) do you know of any 3rd party online tools to view those logs in a more readable format then the /var/log/dirsrv/slapd- access file?
3) Any idea on rough time period for the full audit capabilities?

Our plan is to start sending log into journald nd then use its capabilities to centralize the logs. You then would be able to point traditional log processing tools like Logstash, Splunk, Zabbix etc. to it.
Ticket is https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4296
It is currently pointing 4.2 which means that the earliest we will start looking into it in about 9-12 months.

Thanks
Dmitri

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal