Dave Jones wrote:
Hi,

Should the replica gpg created by ipa-replica-prepare be re-created when there
have been trivial changes such as adding/modifying a user/group/password on the
IPA server?

What change of condition(s) in the ‘master’ IPA host would prevent reuse of a
previously prepared replica gpg file, or otherwise render it invalid?

I'm assuming there is some specific scenario you have in mind.

Typically a replica file is not needed after a master is installed. The only exception is if you install without a CA and then decide to use ipa-ca-install to add it later.

We generally recommend that a replica be installed fairly soon after preparation of the file, days, not months, but even then it may still be viable.

As for data modification (users, groups, etc) it should have no impact whatsoever. Once a replica is installed it is a full IPA master and the 389-ds replication protocol will keep it in sync.