On 04/25/2014 05:06 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 25.4.2014 00:15, Dave Jones wrote:
Hi Rob,

I was considering installing replicas using puppet. Having pre-prepared replica files available would be easier than having to run an ipa-replica-prepare and scp copy.

I had guessed the ldap/kerberos replication would handle the user/password/DNS updates, and that changing CA certificates would be the most likely cause of gpg file invalidation.

I'm working on DNSSEC support in FreeIPA right now. It is possible that replica-file validity will lowered by this work. (We will need to distribute one new key as part of the replica file so the replica file will become invalid if the key was changed in meantime. Maybe we will find some other solution for it, I don't know ...)

May be the solution is to run a cron job on the server that would prepare a replica file and refresh it under source control every so often?

Petr^2 Spacek