On 04/30/2014 09:22 AM, artj...@free.fr wrote:
Thanks a lot. My answers below.

Please keep replies on list, for others to see.

Selon Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com>:

On 04/30/2014 03:26 AM, artj...@free.fr wrote:
Hi,

I have 1 ipa master 'ipasrv' and 2 replicas 'iparpl1 iparpl2' installed
with
--setup-ca option.
Since a few days I have an issue with '389 Directory Server' on the master
(ipasrv) and on the 2nd replica (iparpl2) with the following messages:

The configuration file /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif was not
restored
from backup /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif.tmp, error -1
Apr 28 07:38:35 localhost ns-slapd: [28/Apr/2014:15:38:35 +0200] dse - The
configuration file /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif was not restored
from
backup /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif.bak, error -1
Apr 28 07:38:35 localhost ns-slapd: [28/Apr/2014:15:38:35 +0200] config -
The
given config file /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif could not be
accessed,
Netscape Portable Runtime error -5950 (File not found.)

The files dse.ldif and dse.ldif.bak are lost.
Was this a VM or a bare metal machine?  If a VM, please consider not
using a disk image file for the /etc partition to help avoid this
problem in the future.
VM is a Virtual Machine.

Please consider using something other than a disk image file for the /etc partition. And please consider doing the same for the /var/lib/dirsrv data (the actual dirsrv database files).

What version of 389-ds-base?  rpm -q 389-ds-base
389-ds-base-1.3.1.6-23.el7.x86_64

Do you have dse.ldif.startOK?
Yes, I do, but when I tried to restore it with 'bak2db
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/dse.ldif.startOK'
I have a lot of errors:

Right.  You don't restore this file with bak2db.  You just use cp -p

# cd /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE
# cp -p dse.ldif.startOK dse.ldif

bak2db is only for the actual database data files (e.g. the files in /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/db)

[30/Apr/2014:15:46:19 +0200] - valueset_value_syntax_cmp:
slapi_attr_values2keys_sv failed for type attributetypes
[30/Apr/2014:15:46:19 +0200] dse_read_one_file - The entry cn=schema in file
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE/schema/00core.ldif (lineno: 1) is invalid, error
code 21 (Invalid syntax) - attribute type aci: Unknown attribute syntax OID
"1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15"
[30/Apr/2014:15:46:19 +0200] dse - Please edit the file to correct the reported
problems and then restart the server.

ls -al /etc/dirsrv/slapd-MYINSTANCE

On my 1st replica (iparpl1) everything is OK.

No Full IPA backup and LDAP backup done on ipasrv and iparpl2.

A) Can I restore those files from iparpl1 ?
dse.ldif?  No, not without a lot of editing, since there is a lot of
host-specific config

B) I am a little bit confused after reading the documentation on
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Backup_and_Restore
    - can I consider that the ipa replicas are like ipa master ?
    In this case when I want to execute the manual procedure in chapter 'One
Server Loss'
    1. Clean deployment from the lost server by removing all replication
agreements with it.
     from iparpl1 I have the following results:

[root@iparpl1 ~]# ipa-replica-manage del iparpl2.mydomain
'iparpl1.mydomain' has no replication agreement for 'iparpl2.mydomaon'

   [root@iparpl1 ~]# ipa-replica-manage del ipasrv.mydomain
Connection to 'ipasrv.mydomain' failed:
Unable to delete replica 'ipasrv.mydomain'

    2. Choose another FreeIPA Server with CA installed to become the first
master
Can I do this request from my 1st replica iparpl1 and how ?

    3. Nominate this master to be the one in charge or renewing certs and
publishing CRLS. This is a manual procedure at the moment.

    4. Follow standard installation procedure to deploy a new master on a
hardware/VM of your choice
this request is to install a replica not a master ?

Thanks for your help.