Dean Hunter wrote:
On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 22:50 +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (03/05/14 10:39), Dean Hunter wrote:
>On Sat, 2014-05-03 at 12:36 +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:

>> >I am not aware of using netgroups, either the IPA object or any other
>> >kind.  I just remember that when I was first configuring sudo to
>> >retrieve rules from IPA it would not work until I set nisdomainname
>> >in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  Here is the quote from section 14.4 of the
>> >manual:
>> >

>> >        Even though sudo uses NIS-style netgroups, it is not necessary
>> >        to have a NIS server installed. Netgroups require that a NIS
>> >        domain be named in their configuration, so sudo requires that a
>> >        NIS domain be named for netgroups. However, that NIS domain does
>> >        not actually need to exist.
>> >

>> >With Fedora 20 I can no longer find the emulation of rc.local that
>> >existed in Fedora 19.  I did find fedora-domainname.service and started
>> >and enabled it but neglected to configure /etc/sysconfig/network.  Yet
>> >IPA sudo rules appear to work.
>> >
>> Hope It helps you
>>http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2014-April/msg00248.html
>>
>> LS
>

>Thank you.  Now that you point it out, I remember that this thread is
>where I first learned about fedora-domainname.service.  I see:
>
>        You would also need to set NIS domain name, otherwise SUDO will
>        not correctly recognize SUDO rules targeted on host groups,
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                  This is important part
>        instead of hosts:
>
>which explains when sudo would need the NIS domain name.  Since my sudo
>rules address user groups I guess there is no requirement for NIS domain
>name since they are working just fine:
Your sudo rules use host groups.

>        ipa sudorule-add            desktop-admins --desc "Desktop
>        Administrators"
>        ipa sudorule-mod            desktop-admins --cmdcat all
>        ipa sudorule-add-host       desktop-admins --hostgroups desktops
>        ipa sudorule-add-option     desktop-admins --sudooption "!
>        authenticate"
>        ipa sudorule-add-runasuser  desktop-admins --users root
>        ipa sudorule-add-runasgroup desktop-admins --groups root
>        ipa sudorule-add-user       desktop-admins --groups
>        desktop-admins
>
>        ipa sudorule-add            server-admins  --desc "Server
>        Administrators"
>        ipa sudorule-mod            server-admins  --cmdcat all
>        ipa sudorule-add-host       server-admins  --hostgroups servers
hostgroups are reason why you need to configure NIS domain name.
hostgroups are also available as netgroups in compat tree and sudo reads
information from netgroups.

>        ipa sudorule-add-option     server-admins  --sudooption "!
>        authenticate"
>        ipa sudorule-add-runasuser  server-admins  --users root
>        ipa sudorule-add-runasgroup server-admins  --groups root
>        ipa sudorule-add-user       server-admins  --groups
>        server-admins
>
>However, I was really asking whether there had been a change in
>sssd/sudo behavior as it was my recollection that my sudo rules did not
>work at all in early IPA 3.n releases unless the NIS domain name was
>configured.

LS

I hear you and that is what I expected.  However, the actual behavior
seems to have changed with 3.3.4 and now 3.3.5.

    [dean@desktop <mailto:dean@desktop> ~]$ domainname --nis
    domainname: Local domain name not set

    [dean@desktop <mailto:dean@desktop> ~]$ sudo -l
    Matching Defaults entries for dean on desktop:
         requiretty, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME
    HISTSIZE INPUTRC
         KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG
    LC_ADDRESS
         LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT
         LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER
         LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS
    _XKB_CHARSET
         XAUTHORITY", secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

    User dean may run the following commands on desktop:
         (root : root) NOPASSWD: ALL

    [dean@desktop <mailto:dean@desktop> ~]$

I think this is a good thing.  I would just like to confirm that this is
the new expected behavior and that I have not done something wrong.

We'd need to see your sudo rules to know for sure.

I don't think anything changed in the IPA code to change this behavior, but we herd a lot of cats so something in another package may be different.