On 19.5.2014 09:05, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 05/17/2014 04:27 PM, Christopher Swingler wrote:
Short and to the point, but I have the same question. :)

On May 16, 2014, at 9:08 PM, Chris Whittle <cwhi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there a doc anywhere?

CC-ing Petr Vobornik to help with that. You can already achieve some theming
with overriding the CSS + utilizing Web UI plugins we already have in FreeIPA
Web UI. Note that Web UI in FreeIPA 4.0 will change extensively as it
migrated to Patternfly project, I wonder if there are more theming options then.

Martin

FreeIPA doesn't have an official theming support. But, as Martin mentioned, you can do some theming.

Up to version 3.2 the only option was to change css files and images in /usr/share/ipa/ui Obviously this method is not ideal since it won't survive rpm update.

Since version 3.2 it's possible to create a UI plugin [1] which would load additional css with override rules. This method is suitable only for minor theming - it's not very comfortable to create override rules for half of the application.

PatternFly [2] will be used in FreeIPA 4.1, example of current development version: [3]. PatternFly is based on Bootstrap 3 which is probably the most used frontend framework -> people are familiar with Bootstrap theming.

To speed up(start) development of proper theming support I suggest you create a new [RFE] ticket [4].

It would also help us to know what parts of the application you want to theme, i.e., just logos and background?

[1] http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/doc/#!/guide/Plugins
[2] https://www.patternfly.org/
[3] http://pvoborni.fedorapeople.org/ui/
[4] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/newticket