What we're seeing is slow GDM logins, ssh authentications, and "sudo -i" responses on this network. On our other, these things are all blazing fast. Here, they're on the order of 5-10 seconds. And it doesn't seem to improve (much) with age or time, except perhaps anecdotally. At best, a second connection might be a second faster, but will revert within an hour or so.