Hi all,

I am wanting to set up a FreeIPA domain for controlling a group of machines on
our network, and want to use replica servers for resilience.  However, I do not
have control over DNS: our site prefers to use a central DNS service, which I
can easily request changes in, but I don't have flexibility there.

I will, at this point, admit to not knowing a great deal about the workings of
DNS, so if I am asking dumb questions, please feel free to point me at an RFC,
howto or other documentation so I can get educated.

So I am trying to work out the best way to set things up.  My initial hunch was
that I should get A-records set up to provide a DNS round robin for the
service.  The problem appears to be that if I install FreeIPA on the servers
using their own hostnames, their host certificates won't match the A-record,
and if I set up FreeIPA to use the round robin hostname, it just doesn't look
right to me.

I hope I have managed to explain my situation appropriately.  I haven't been
able to find documentation to help me with this (I suspect I just need to
understand a few different aspects better than I do already), so can someone
point me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks,
Rob
--
Scanned by iCritical.