When thinking about gateways and what Ipsilon may do, I came across this thesis:

https://davidben.net/thesis.pdf

and source

https://github.com/davidben/webathena

His approach to unifying web and non-web technologies was to build gateways for
non-web services such that browser based clients could be written without
changing the server side.

I'm not sold on that approach. However, the source repository includes a
browser-based javascript implementation of the Kerberos protocol and a python
gateway to a KDC. Users can kinit from the browser the way Kerberos intended
(password does not go over the wire).

Is it possible to do a pure-javascript, all browser based kinit/spnego so that
users don't have to pop out to the command line to kinit? One still would not
have the ability to ssh into a console after doing an in-browser kinit, but all
the websites in the target domain should recognize the credentials.

Worthwhile or dumb?

Bryce

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for
the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the
use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and
immediately.