Hello there everyone David here,

I'm big time Red Hat fan, I work for a company where we have a small 20+ people directory, I'm currently using Samba4 to offer authentication to Openfire, Postfix, Dovecot (using GroupOffice); but I want to switch ebcause samba is a hassle to setup and whenever replication breaks it's nearly impossible to rebuild, anyways, My current environment is Proxmox VE 3 as virtualization platform and many CentOS/RedHat Servers holding my services.

Please excuse me if this was already answered but after I went trhough the archives I coulnd't find anyone facing the same issue, please bear with me as I'm a newbie to FreeIPA and LDAP. I know I'm missing something or doing it wrong but after a week struggling with this setup I decided to call for the help of the experts.

My environment:
FreeIPA Server
CentOS 6.5 x86_64

Mail Server
CentOS 6.5
postfix-2.6.6-6.el6_5.x86_64
dovecot-2.0.9-7.el6.x86_64
ipa-python-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
libipa_hbac-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64
libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64

I've followed these posts from Dale McCartney, whom I've also read his posts around here

https://www.dalemacartney.com/2013/03/14/deploying-postfix-with-ldap-freeipa-virtual-aliases-and-kerberos-authentication/

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Dovecot_Integration

None of them seem to work at the moment when using Thunderbird with the server set up as STARTLS Kerberos/GSSAPI -- Thunderbird also reports that

<quote>
"The kerberos/GSSAPI ticket was not accepted by the IMAP server da...@domain.com. Please chack that you're logged in to the Kerberos/GSSAPI realm"
</quote>

with Dovecot I'm getting this

<code>
Jun 22 11:01:25 imap-login: Info: Disconnected: Inactivity (no auth attempts): rip=1.1.1.1, lip=217.1.2.3
</code>

I tried manual telnet and use a authenticate gssapi which retuns "+" which means module is indeed loading and the server is gssapi ready for the challenge.

If anyone of you could point me into the right direction I'd really value that.

Thanks

--- Regards David G.