hi simon,

ok, that's pity. the problem we are trying to solve is teh following: we are going to setup a new krb5 realm with IPA and we would like to explore methods to have our users authenticate against this realm (well, the kinit otherusername@IPA part) using methods that existing/available for our users. i.e. we would really really like to avoid that our users have to create yet another password.

the users currently are in AD, so we tought we could use the AD tokens to authenticate, avoiding passwords.

maybe i should rephrase my original question a bit:
what authentication schemes does kinit support (is there anything besides using a password), and if passwords are unavoidable, is it possible to use something like OTP with kinit and IPA (the user somehow gets the OTP, and can use that for kinit with an IPA controlled realm)? (maybe it is possible that the password verification step from IPA is handed over to AD somehow?).

anyway, hints are welcome

stijn