Dimitri, thanks for your reply,

Yes, I've checked that and many other links including the postfix ldap_table*( but none seem to get me there.

I installed iRedMail which FWIK has the only postfix+ldap+dovecot implementation I know, I tested it and it works like a charm, I'm upset because I really like the idea of implementing kerberos and OTP for ejabberd, osTicket(ldap), and the mail servers of course.

I don't know what's missing from these tutorials, but they all seem to be missing crucial steps, otherwise they'd just work I don't say they're bad, I appreciate the great job the authors did and want to contribute my findings to them but none seem to take me to a point where I can have a reliable system.

I have dovecot working and servers seem to be talking to each other but I just can't get auth to postfix to work nor email relaying not even to intra-domain addresses.

I'll re take this at a later day because I need to implement this solution, so for now I'll have to go with iRedMail, I've studied the virtual_*.conf files iRM uses and I see some stuff missing from all tutorials, so if I ever get time to play with this again I'll try to merge it into a single solution.

I hope someone on the list -- even the tutorial authors could comfim that this is indeed working, I don't care if I have to pay as this is a solution for a B.I.G co and we need a real reliable secure solution.

Regards.