Hi,

this has been discussed on this list and elsewhere [1], but I'm still a little puzzled:

I have IPA running on a CentOS 6 server. This server also acts as NFS- and Samba server. My Linux clients (openSUSE 13.1) work fine (NFS, automount, user auth for ssh and display manager).

Since I also have some Windows users, I want them to be able to mount their homes via Samba using their IPA password. Just that, no AD or other fancy stuff.

I read the instructions at [1], which appear to suit my case but at least the group.js UI patch is outdated.

Is there a more recent howto to follow? Is patching the source at all still necessary? Will doing so break the opportunity to install a replica (a step that I have planned but not yet accomplished)?

Thanks for your help.

[1] http://techslaves.org/2011/08/24/freeipa-and-samba-3-integration/

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/With best regards,

--Daniel.